Thursday, January 13, 2011

PIZZA

For their final in this class, the 8th graders made homemade pizza without any help at all from me. I was proud to see how much they had learned and accomplished in my class! Good work students! The pizza was wonderful, as all the other classes around would testify to, because they got to smell it all day :)





PIZZA

1/2 C warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 Tbsp oil
2 C flour (might need more)

  1. Combine water, yeast, and sugar in mixer bowl.
  2. Add salt, egg, oil, and 1 cup flour and mix well with wire whisk attachment in kitchen aid
  3. Switch to the dough hook and add remaining flour as needed to make a workable dough. Knead about 50 times by hand.
  4. Roll out in a greased pizza pan and add toppings
  5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden
Toppings:

1/2 C sauce
1 C cheese
10-15 pepperonis
Olives
Pineapple
Green peppers

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking pizza night at my house... or wherever. What you think? ;) Text me!

    ReplyDelete