Wednesday, October 12, 2011

...Mystery....Recipe....

At the beginning of each semester we learn the importance of measuring. Students always hate that they actually have to use MATH in my class, but I tell them that they really will need to use it in the kitchen! I would know...

My lovely sister Katherine got married this last August. For her wedding reception my mother had to decided to make all the food, including dozens of meatballs. Well, when I offered to give my services and help make some of the food, my mother handed me a recipe for meatballs and said "I want to you times this recipe by SIX. And then do that about THREE times!". Well, you can be sure I was glad I knew how to use my equivalents that day!

SO, let's see how well YOU do. You want to try out our mystery recipe? My students figured it out....can you?


MYSTERY RECIPE

*Double Recipe


1. Sift together:
  • 36 tsp flour
  • 4 T sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
2. In a separate bowl, blend:

  • 6 tsp egg
  • 6 tsp vegetable oil
  • 12 tsp milk
3. Pour dry ingredients into liquid all at once.
4. Fold in until flour is almost all moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
6. Place a paper cup in a six cup muffin tin
7. Fill each cup 1/2-3/4 full
Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment